My husband and I had been married for 6 years before kids became part of our family. We'd struggled having kids of our own and decided to become Foster Parents. Through this process we fostered three young children and were given the opportunity to adopt two. They are half siblings and both came to our home straight from the hospital after birth.
These kids come with challenges as all kids do. This blog is about those challenges, how we take them on and get through the day. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
No mom wants to see their kids struggle and having two children with such needs is hard to wrap my brain around some days. Not a day goes by that I don't doubt my abilities as their mom. But even though these children are not mine biologically, I have no doubt in my mind that they are mine, they were meant for me. They were entrusted to me and together we will ride this journey and learn from each other. I love my kids more than words can say!!!
I welcome your positive feedback and comments. Please share your tips, tricks, and advice. This parenting thing is tough, let's help each other out. I'd love to learn from you!
Good for you, Kellie! Two of our kids struggle with some things and every day is a new and challenging experience. They're (P & M and our's) great kids though!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tressa. And yes, we both really do have some great kids! :)
ReplyDelete